When activating a window on another desktop switch -> window covered up by others on desktop

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
mimkorn

When activating a window on another desktop switch -> window covered up by others on desktop

Postby mimkorn » 02.12.2016 13:18:01

Hi,

I have the setting When activating a window on another desktop set to: Switch to the respective desktop.

This happens correctly. E.g. I click win+3 to open the third program from taskbar. This switches desktop, because the program is opened elsewhere. However, since the window I opened is instantly focused it get covered up with other windows that are on the desktop as they start appearing on that desktop.

So if I activate e.g. Outlook by pressing win+4 and I am on desktop A and Outlook is on desktop B, the switch happens, Outlook is focused and after that other windows start popping up that are present and not minimized on that desktop.

This is very annoying, since I have to focus again. When pressing a shortcut to focus, that it easy. But if I have other means of focusing the program, which are unusable, after the fact the switch happens, I have to look for the program on the desktop to get the focus again.

Can I do something about this to have the focus on the window that is activated after the switch fully happens?

mimkorn

Re: When activating a window on another desktop switch -> window covered up by others on desktop

Postby mimkorn » 06.12.2016 17:02:29

Actually, it happens when I focus a window on other desktop by a different mean - I use AutoHotKey script, that looks for a window and tries to activate with WinActivate.

E.g. like this:

Code: Select all

#^!d::
IfWinExist Oracle SQL Developer
{
   WinActivate
}

It activates the window and then all the other start popping.

Return to “Support”