Lost icons which are not shown in "Lost Icons"

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker

Lost icons which are not shown in "Lost Icons"

Postby Guest » 26.03.2007 22:11:55

Great program guys! But I have a strange problem.

I use 9 desktops and I have no desktop rules.

My problem is that I have got about 12 lost icons. These are all documents which came from a folder that I had got on Desktop-1. I dragged them out of the folder onto the desktop. I moved some of them to other desktops using Dexpot's hotkeys for "move".

But somehow things are now in a muddle! I have rebooted and tried a few things but I am unable to get these icons to show.

(1) If I look at Dexpot menu option for Desktop Windows and then select LOST and ICONS, there are no lost icons being shown.

(2) If I use OVERVIEW and ICONS then I see some of my lost icons are listed as being in two or more Dexpot desktops. But I can not find these icons in any desktop at all!

(3) If I use Windows Explorer to list the desktop iconds and then move a lost icon to another folder, then the other lost icons with the same name still stay behind.

Arggghhhhh! I can't work it out.

Can someone please advise how to get those lost icons back.

Thank you.

Nebel
Beta Tester

Re: Lost icons which are not shown in "Lost Icons"

Postby Nebel » 27.03.2007 16:11:53

Hi :dex:
Anonymous wrote:(1) If I look at Dexpot menu option for Desktop Windows and then select LOST and ICONS, there are no lost icons being shown.

There they should be :?
Maybe you can test a higher resolution. The icons may be out of the "visible desktop". If you find the icons with the higher resolution move them to the middle of the desktop and change the resolution back.

Otherwise you have to open your profile file (*.dxp) in your application data folder e.g. C:\windows\[USER]\Application Data\Dexpot\profile with a text editor.
Scroll down. There you find the positions of each saved icon. With a resolution of 1024*768 all icons which have a IconPositionx > 1024 or IconPositiony > 768 aren't visible. You can change the numbers manually and save the profile. Load dexpot and check the result.

Regards
Schöne Grüße
Nebel

Return to “Support”