Drag and drop clones windows instead of moving them

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
xiruko

Drag and drop clones windows instead of moving them

Postby xiruko » 29.03.2017 02:52:32

Hello, I am new to Dexpot and I am having some troubles trying to move a window to another desktop in full-screen mode with DexControl. When I click and drag one window to another desktop, instead of moving it, a new cloned window appears in the destination desktop, so I end up having the source window in one desktop and the destination window in another desktio. If I close the window in one desktop, all the other cloned windows are closed too. Even if I move one window in one desktop, then all the desktops have the cloned window in the new position.

Is there a way to move a window instead of cloning it with the drag and drop?

I am in windows 7, aero theme enabled, two monitor setup.

Thanks in advanced for your support :)

xiruko

Re: Drag and drop clones windows instead of moving them

Postby xiruko » 29.03.2017 14:14:17

Hello again,

I don't know why but the problem seems fixed, now it is working as it is supposed to do.

The only thing I have changed is the shortcuts to move a window to another desktop. I have another program that interacts with monitors (actual multiple monitors), as well as an AHK script running, and maybe the previous "move to desktop" shortcuts were taken by those programs, making it to not work.

Thanks anyway for your support!

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Drag and drop clones windows instead of moving them

Postby Sebastian » 12.04.2017 14:17:09

:dex:,

xiruko wrote:Thanks anyway for your support!

:D
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Support”