Background not showing on 1 & hiding wallpaper on 2,3,4

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
boardtc

Background not showing on 1 & hiding wallpaper on 2,3,4

Postby boardtc » 16.05.2007 13:13:06

I am using Dexpot in conjunction with UltraMon. I have different wallpapers for my 2 monitors with UltraMon.

Yesterday i assigned different colour backgrounds to my 4 desktops, with desktop icons hidden on desktops 2,3 & 4. There are some issues:

- The background on desktop 1 does not show as this screenshot shows
The background shows for the background of the icon text only

- the wallpaper assigned in UltraMon are no longer visible in desktops 2, 3 & 4. These were showing fine prior to me assigning the new backgrounds

Judging from the amount of unanswered posts in this English language forum it seems the English users of the excellent software are in the minority :(

Dexpot has not been updated in over 1 year now, are there plans for another release in the future or is it considered a complete solution with v1.4?

Thanks, Tom.

NYX

Postby NYX » 09.06.2007 20:51:37

Maybe minority but not alone. Don't have an answer to your problem but I myself am wondering about some behavior between desktops when active desktop is enabled. I could be wrong but when enabled on one, it is enabled on all and I would like to know if there is a way to turn it on or off per virtual desktop.

Nebel
Beta Tester

Postby Nebel » 10.06.2007 12:17:21

Hi,

according to boardtc's problem I have no idea what is going wrong. Maybe you backup your profile and reinstall dexpot?

NYX wrote:I could be wrong but when enabled on one, it is enabled on all and I would like to know if there is a way to turn it on or off per virtual desktop.

No, there is no way. Settings you do on windows desktop via right-click result on every virtual desktop from dexpot.

Regards
Sebastian

boardtc

Postby boardtc » 15.06.2007 18:10:06

Thanks for the replies. Today I tried checking Settings ! Switching desktops ! Apply manual changes to Dexpot configuration. Now the wallpaper shows on all desktops but of course the custom colour I set does not.

For anyone else reading this. I save a profile on the settings ! general which got saved to:
C:\Documents and Settings\tom.corcoran\Application Data\Dexpot\profile\tom.dxp

I uninstalled and then reinstalled and nothing changed. I then unchecked the apply manual changes, customise background is checked (Customise Background is set in Settings | Switching Backgrounds | background) and all the desktops have been assigned their own colour (Customise Background is set in Settings | Switching Backgrounds | background).

Now on a dexpot restart I am seeing no different backgrounds when I change desktop. What else do I need to do?

Has anyone else tried to have different backgrounds while keeping the same Wallpaper as assigned in UltraMon?

Return to “Support”