Moving windows between desktops

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
pascal - guest

Moving windows between desktops

Postby pascal - guest » 01.08.2007 14:17:41

Hello, I've just discovered this program and it's wonderful. A simple, fast, and useful way to have multiple desktops in windows.

One thing I don't understand is how I am supposed to rapidly move windows between desktops. I've got the desktop manager open and have included the extra "ghost" button to give a full screen preview of all 4 desktops. In that view, why can't I drag windows between desktops. It doesn't appear to be "live" in any way. Why is this? Am I missing something, because the only other way to move programs about is to go into context menu's which requires more than 1 click, and then sifting through a 2 menu's.

I hope there is a way to do this, because I think it would be more intuitive.

Many thanks.

Re: Moving windows between desktops

Postby Guest » 20.08.2007 23:15:26

You can move a window using the windows key + the number of the desktop you want to send it to. Similarly, you can switch desktops with ALT + the number

pascal - guest wrote:Hello, I've just discovered this program and it's wonderful. A simple, fast, and useful way to have multiple desktops in windows.

One thing I don't understand is how I am supposed to rapidly move windows between desktops. I've got the desktop manager open and have included the extra "ghost" button to give a full screen preview of all 4 desktops. In that view, why can't I drag windows between desktops. It doesn't appear to be "live" in any way. Why is this? Am I missing something, because the only other way to move programs about is to go into context menu's which requires more than 1 click, and then sifting through a 2 menu's.

I hope there is a way to do this, because I think it would be more intuitive.

Many thanks.

Return to “Support”