Full Screen Preview Problems

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
strausd

Full Screen Preview Problems

Postby strausd » 07.10.2012 10:16:51

Hi, I just installed Dexpot on a new computer. However, the full screen preview looks like the full screen feature from 1.5 and is nothing like the full screen preview running on my other computer. I am running version 1.6.3.2167. How can I fix this?

Also, I have MouseEvents enabled and I am experiencing a noticeable delay whenever I try to use full screen preview or the window catalog. I checked the settings for MouseEvents and it is set to trigger immediately. Could it be the animations that are bogging down performance? If so, how do I disable the animations?

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Full Screen Preview Problems

Postby Sebastian » 07.10.2012 11:46:10

:dex:,

strausd wrote:Hi, I just installed Dexpot on a new computer. However, the full screen preview looks like the full screen feature from 1.5 and is nothing like the full screen preview running on my other computer. I am running version 1.6.3.2167. How can I fix this?

the Aero theme must be enabled.

Also, I have MouseEvents enabled and I am experiencing a noticeable delay whenever I try to use full screen preview or the window catalog. I checked the settings for MouseEvents and it is set to trigger immediately. Could it be the animations that are bogging down performance? If so, how do I disable the animations?

You'll probably see a better performance when using the enhanced versions of Full-screen preview and Window catalog (we call it "DexControl"). See above.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

strausd

Postby strausd » 14.10.2012 01:16:16

Sebastian wrote::dex:,

strausd wrote:Hi, I just installed Dexpot on a new computer. However, the full screen preview looks like the full screen feature from 1.5 and is nothing like the full screen preview running on my other computer. I am running version 1.6.3.2167. How can I fix this?

the Aero theme must be enabled.

You'll probably see a better performance when using the enhanced versions of Full-screen preview and Window catalog (we call it "DexControl"). See above.

Hey thanks for the advice! I had Aero theme enabled, and after the fifth restart everything was working.

I do have one question. Right now, I have two monitors set up side by side (see image). And the way they are set up essentially gives me 4 corners on my main monitor and two corners (the right two) on my second monitor. However, with MouseEvents I am not able to utilize those two corners where the monitors meet. I was wondering if this requires a setting change or if it just isn't possible right now. I am wondering because I use OS X a lot and I am able to utilize all corners, even these two where the monitors meet and it is very handy.

Also, with two monitors in the full screen preview, it splits up the virtual desktops and have 4 on each monitor, which makes sense as each monitor has 4 virtual desktops. However, I mainly run Snow Leopard and I am used to having 8 spaces (4 for each monitor) show up all together on my main monitor. While on Lion or Mountain Lion, it will split it up between the two monitors, like Dexpot does now. But I think it is a little easier to lay thing things out and stay organized if you can see them all combined. So I was wondering if I could change this to have all 8 show up on my main monitor. Essentially it would look like the Taskbar Pager but spread out across the main monitor. Is that possible?

Lastly, I just want to thank you for making such a great utility. I have to do a lot of 3D work in Windows and this application is the only thing keeping me from destroying my computer when in Windows :)
Attachments
monitors.PNG
monitors.PNG (61.27 KiB) Viewed 1682 times

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 16.10.2012 20:13:15

:dex:,

thanks for your kind feedback.

strausd wrote:I was wondering if this requires a setting change or if it just isn't possible right now. I am wondering because I use OS X a lot and I am able to utilize all corners, even these two where the monitors meet and it is very handy.

http://dexpot.de/bugs/?do=details&id=158

So I was wondering if I could change this to have all 8 show up on my main monitor. Essentially it would look like the Taskbar Pager but spread out across the main monitor. Is that possible?

Hmno.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Support”