Windows randomly occurring in incorrect deskpots

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
mimkorn

Windows randomly occurring in incorrect deskpots

Postby mimkorn » 03.03.2015 10:28:18

I use 9 deskpots and most of the deskpots may have 8+ windows in it. When I move around the deskpots, a lot of times happens that there are incorrect windows occurring in a Dexpot. Lets say I have a window I want only in desktop 1. Suddenly I see it also in desktop 2, even though it was not there before. This may happen with many windows. I find myself "cleaning up" these occurrences of windows far too often. Is this a known bug? Can I do something about it?

mimkorn

Re: Windows randomly occurring in incorrect deskpots

Postby mimkorn » 04.03.2015 21:47:39

(reattempting to comment on the post)

Ok, so now I really am annoyed by this. I just cleaned up a mess of many windows on many desktops so that number 8 only had 3 windows. after working for a minute or so I checked and desktop number 8 had 16!! windows! The tool is useless if it behaves like this, it gives me no value. :(

I decided to post my logs here, so you could maybe see if there is an issue you could uncover by checking it..

If it helps get attention any way, I did paid a few bucks for you guys because I loved the tool so much, but now it is failing to meet the basic requirements. :(

Please help!

To make it easier to read, I posted the logs to cryptobin.org here is the link: https://cryptobin.org/h8d5x9n7

the pass is: Rkjj3Lo2XYCChsKjp4tJV+kLMgLU4Go9Zn0DLi63kU0+9gZNdIYOu8eCAEtaQLgw

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 29.08.2016 20:38:02

:dex:,

the file is unavailable. Please check this FAQ (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1848) and this (http://dexpot.de/?id=quickstartguide#behaviorofwindows).
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

mimkorn

Postby mimkorn » 30.08.2016 16:31:15

Well, if you kindly checked the post to which you responded that I should come here and see this response, you would see, that I already mentioned I have all dexpot exe files running in admin mode and that I have the "run as admin" checked via your app and via windows itself and that it is NOT helping.

Of course the log files are unavailable - I posted them 2 years ago. I will have to recreate them, if you cannot fix it without it.

And no, no specific behaviour of windows does not fix this. I tried them all and the issue persists. But even if it did not, I do not want to change the behaviour. The copy behaviour makes sense. But yes, I did try "do nothing" and "move focus" and no, the issue was not resolved by this.

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 30.08.2016 18:06:23

mimkorn wrote:Well, if you kindly checked the post to which you responded that I should come here and see this response, you would see, that I already mentioned I have all dexpot exe files running in admin mode and that I have the "run as admin" checked via your app and via windows itself and that it is NOT helping.

That's what I did. You didn't mention the option within Dexpot. Just trying to help, now knowing we accidentally overlooked your post. Sorry. :?

Please enable the *.log file, reproduce the issue, provide the *.log file and point out the windows you don't want to pop up on other desktops.
Best regards (wave)

mimkorn

Postby mimkorn » 15.09.2016 12:16:14

Hi,

this bug is hard to reproduce. It just happens sometimes and mostly when many windows are open. Plus I have to notice when the copying happens exactly, which windows are copied from which desktop to which and then open the log file and obfuscate company information. You can imagine this is(was) not quite easy and time consuming, so I got to do it today. I have the log file, please see the attachment. Probably many windows were copied, but I do not know how many, the only thing I am perfectly certain about is that on desktop 3 there are should be no IDEA (intelliJ) windows. They could come from desktop number 2 or 7. Probably both or just 2. To desktop number 3. I would look into the logs myself better, but they are in german, so it's pretty hard for me to get any useful information from it. I tried to isolate that part of log, that would correspond to the time it happened. I hope I have it right. I modified some names of windows to remove company information.

Please look into it.

I have dexpot in Admin mode, running on Windows 10. 9 active desktops.
Attachments
dexpot log.txt
(6.02 KiB) Downloaded 204 times

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 25.09.2016 16:37:57

mimkorn wrote:Probably many windows were copied, but I do not know how many, the only thing I am perfectly certain about is that on desktop 3 there are should be no IDEA (intelliJ) windows.

unfortunately, the *.log file doesn't cover this.

I modified some names of windows to remove company information.

Didn't find any license in our database.
Best regards (wave)

mimkorn

Postby mimkorn » 25.09.2016 20:18:19

Not sure what licence you are talking about. I was using trial @work and it expired now. Thus I am not going to attempt to recreate the bug. I cannot just recreate it and send the whole log due to possible leak of company information and since the trial is now expired, I cannot even run the software anymore, so I am just going to have to drop your product. Such a shame, you have the best features, but the bug makes it useless when many windows are open. Gonna have to use just the Windows 10 virtual desktops feature without the speed of shortcuts.

When you release a new version, lemme know so I will try it at home if the bug is still persistent and if not, I will consider buying the product for my computer @work.

Planning any bug-fixing releases soon anyway? The product has not been updated for two years now.

Return to “Support”