Ghost of selected text "stuck" to desktop.

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
gstalnaker

Ghost of selected text "stuck" to desktop.

Postby gstalnaker » 17.12.2015 00:24:39

See attached screen shot. This has happened multiple times with several versions of Dexpot, currently 1.6.14 Build 2439. I'm runing Win7Pro on MacBookPro with a Thunderbolt display (happens using DVI, VGA, and Thunderbolt connectors).

What happens is that I select text with mouse and then on copy that selected text becomes "stuck" as a transparent image on the desktop. It is persistent. If I exit Dexpot, the ghost image vanishes. On rerunning Dexpot, however, the ghost reappears on Display 1 no matter which display it was originally on. Thus far the only way I have found to remove it is to restart my computer!!! Sometimes logging out of my Windows session and then back in will kill it.

Is there something else I can do? Some cache I can scrub? Some configuration to set?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vahl7i9nbdtbe ... t.png?dl=0

It is very annoying.

Thanks.

gstalnaker

Re: Ghost of selected text "stuck" to desktop.

Postby gstalnaker » 17.12.2015 23:24:52

In case anyone finds this:

Another thread gave me the answer I needed. Turns out there is *another* way to get ghosting/shadows. Selecting text and inadvertantly dragging it, will sometimes result in ghosting/shadows for me, but also drop shadows. In another thread about that a way of removing them was mentioned. The Desktop Windows command showed a "Drag" item! That was the ghost which when killed eliminated the ghost. Excellent. Now I don't have to reboot/logout. Thanks!

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Ghost of selected text "stuck" to desktop.

Postby Sebastian » 13.01.2016 13:47:30

:dex:,

what's the editor called (is this Sublime's window)? Any third-party applications running in the background beautifying your desktop?
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Support”