Hold down right click button as triggerkey for scroll wheel

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
Steve

Hold down right click button as triggerkey for scroll wheel

Postby Steve » 17.07.2012 20:37:22

I am loving the new Dexpot 1.6. One feature in particular that I really love is the mouse wheel plugin. Specifically, switching between desktops using the scroll wheel of the mouse.

However, one thing missing is using the right click button as the trigger key (instead of holding shift, control or alt). So I would like to propose adding in the ability to hold down the right click button of the mouse and then using the scroll wheel to switch between desktops. And to be honest, the right click mouse button as a trigger key should be available for any mouse gesture.

I find that the keyboard only trigger keys to be restrictive regarding anything related to mouse gestures. One of the cool things using the scroll wheel is that you can change the desktop using just your mouse with only one hand. Having to use the keyboard sort of defeats the purpose in my opinion. Sure, you can uncheck shift, control and alt and the scroll wheel will change desktops all by itself but then the scroll wheel can no longer be used to scroll normally.

Most applications use the holding of the right click mouse button to indicate mouse gestures (programs like Opera and the Gestures for Chrome plugin).

Steve

Re: Hold down right click button as triggerkey for scroll wh

Postby Steve » 17.07.2012 22:20:37

Also, I didnt notice this until now, but the Windows key is missing from the list of possible trigger keys.

Return to “Feature requests”