Desktop Manager - Keep last active window icon

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
mr.

Desktop Manager - Keep last active window icon

Postby mr. » 23.07.2011 20:14:37

I found out what the Desktop Manager component is much useful than even Taskbar Pager plugin. I think this is kind of Win7 taskbar-icons, but for desktops, which is cool!

I suggest to keep last active window icon on it. If where are application in the task bar of current desktop, and you minimize them all - the empty desktop icon appear (monitor icon with "1", "2", "3"), but I want to know this desktop is busy, is in use and the last used (on this desktop) application icon (last active window icon) is shown. That could be an option, checkbox.

I guest you understend that I was trying to say. Anyway, great work guys!

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Desktop Manager - Keep last active window icon

Postby Sebastian » 23.07.2011 22:00:57

:dex:,

tried option 'Show icons of active windows' (the only difference regarding your suggestion: shows the standard icon only if desktop is empty)?
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

mr.

Postby mr. » 24.07.2011 10:38:18

Right. For example whan I press WInkey, Esc. Or Win+D.
Also, sometimes Dexpot's icon appears than there are no Dexpot's windows in taskbar, don't know why, this should be fixed too.

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 24.07.2011 18:00:21

mr. wrote:Right. For example whan I press WInkey, Esc. Or Win+D.

we don't find that disturbing.

Also, sometimes Dexpot's icon appears than there are no Dexpot's windows in taskbar, don't know why, this should be fixed too.

When exactly? Are you sure that no Dexpot window was last active?
Best regards (wave)

mr.

Postby mr. » 24.07.2011 23:50:55

we don't find that disturbing.

For example, I want to shut down or restart Windows. And want to be shure I haven't forggotten running applications on over desktops. I can press hotkeys to switch over all desktops, or desktop prewiew, or DexTab. Or just _watch_ at the edge of the screen at Desktop Manager.

When exactly?

Where are no active desktop windows, desktop manager's allways-on-top window - I don't think it's about it. And it is hard to reproduce, some times then I minimize windows in the taskbar, but most of time not.

Well, may be all this isn't needed.

mr.

Postby mr. » 25.07.2011 00:04:10

Sebastian wrote:When exactly?

Whan I close active window wich middle-click in the taskbar using Taskbar Shuffle

mr.

Postby mr. » 25.07.2011 01:16:42

You know, keep it as is. Close the topic.

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 25.07.2011 19:02:05

mr. wrote:And want to be shure I haven't forggotten running applications on over desktops.

by default, Dexpot moves all applications to the current desktop on exit. If any window needs your attention, it will pop up a prompt.

Found out when it shows the Dexpot icon. Let's see if we can fix that. Thanks for reporting.
Best regards (wave)

mr.

Postby mr. » 24.03.2012 15:45:58

Sebastian wrote:Found out when it shows the Dexpot icon. Let's see if we can fix that. Thanks for reporting.

Well, today (version 1.6-1805), on empty desktop, sometimes Dexpot Manager's icon still appear in Dexpot Manager as current active window. Why you can't just add some check:

Code: Select all

if (active_window_class != "ThunderRT6FormDC" && active_window_title != "Dexpot - Desktop Manager") { show active window icon }

So, I'm saying to add this class/title to desktop manager's exception list as classes/+windows-titles:

Code: Select all

Progman/"Program Manager", WorkerW, Shell_TrayWnd, Static

Return to “Feature requests”