Dexgrid Improvements

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
cynosure

Dexgrid Improvements

Postby cynosure » 16.04.2012 12:55:25

The program is great, and the main change I need is, in dexgrid, the ability to drag the current window with you when switching up/down via hotkey. You can do this with dexpot hotkeys to switch to prev/next desktop, but not desktops above/below in the grid. This is very important.

say I have desktops laid out

1 2 3
4 5 6

and I'm in desktop 2. I want to be able to switch to desktop 5 and have the current/active window move with me, either by clicking and holding on the title bar when switching, or with an additional hotkey. This would be akin to "move window and switch" in the main dexpot hotkeys.

The only other change I could see useful is the ability to wrap the grid vertically in addition to the current horizontal wrapping. This would allow switching to the above desktop when in the top row (you would jump to the same column in the bottom row) and to the below desktop when in the bottom row (you would jump to the same column in the top row).

To illustrate, say I have desktops laid out

1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9

and I'm in desktop 2. I want to be able to "move up" to desktop 8. Or if I was in desktop 7, I want to be able to "move down" to desktop 1.

Patrick
Developer

Re: Dexgrid Improvements

Postby Patrick » 22.04.2012 23:34:42

:dex:

Wrap around and taking along windows by clicking and holding the title bar are now available in the latest Dexpot 1.6 beta.

... also:

DexControl for Windows 7: Virtual desktops simplified

Return to “Feature requests”