Set Application Focus to "Stay on Top" of All Other Windows

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
RJ81

Set Application Focus to "Stay on Top" of All Other Windows

Postby RJ81 » 18.04.2014 16:53:22

Hi,

I recently came across Dexpot while looking for a third-party solution to an issue I am dealing with regarding an in-house application built at my company. Since we upgraded to Windows 7 it seems like this built-in function to keep the application window on top of all other windows doesn't always work. This is especially apparent when using Windows RDP and when clicked on to interact with it drops our application window behind it sometimes. Now this custom application does not allow me to have any right-click menu where other apps do so I can't use the Dexpot > "Stay on top" option.

I was looking at the other settings and nothing stands out as an alternative to allow me to force our in-house application to "stay on top". By the way, the function works as it did fine before we upgraded to Win XP so no luck getting this "fixed" by our app devs.

Thanks for your time.

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Set Application Focus to "Stay on Top" of All Other Wind

Postby Sebastian » 19.04.2014 11:08:43

:dex:,

please either use 'Desktop Rules > Actions > Type > Always on top' or 'Settings > Controls > Hotkeys > Window commands > Always on top'.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Postby Guest » 14.10.2014 16:05:42

I use above setting for IE but not successful. Do you have another way to make the IE always on top? Thanks.
BTW, would like to seek your advice for the following situation:
I have 1 common display and 3 virtual display (changing display: 1+2, 1+3, 1+4). I have one application start then launch 3 windows. How do I set so that one window AUTOMATICALLY move to each display i.e. window A to display 2, window B to display 3, window C to display 4? I have to move them one by one now. Thanks.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 19.10.2014 15:10:30

:dex:

You're right, there seems to be a problem specifically with Internet Explorer. Not sure why, but I'll look into it.

Gast wrote:How do I set so that one window AUTOMATICALLY move to each display i.e. window A to display 2, window B to display 3, window C to display 4?

If the windows have fixed, distinct titles you can use Desktop Rules with "Move" actions to automatically send them to their respective desktops.

Return to “Support”