Some bugs and problems

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Astryd

Some bugs and problems

Postby Astryd » 22.09.2016 23:23:11

On Windows 10 64bit:

1. When I switch virtual desktop dexpot use a very bad way to show the windows, it show before the backgrounds windows and then the foreground, the result is a super-flashing really hurting eyes effect. This is a really severe bugs, I have obliged to close my eyes to not have problems but today I have a giant headache because I had to work a lot and to speed up I had to not close my eyes. For now I have to use only one desktop until this problem is not resolved :( A fast workaround can be to minimize all background app and show only the foreground. This bug is most evident with chrome.
Edit: I have this problem also with one app, when I change deskstop, I see for fraction of a second the wallpaper and after the app, but if you change often the desktop this is really flashing, is better to have priority on foreground app and then Dexpot can think to all the other elements of the desktop to save user eyes.

2. Problem with notepad++ and the function "document map", dexpot doesn't move well the frame and a shadow remain on the precedent desktop, some problem also switching desktop with a bad effect and slow down for that frame.

3. Notification area: when an software (es. thunderbird) popup a notification there's no behavior to works with, no change desktop where is the app.

4. Taskbar pager not works well with fullscreen apps, often it not show nothing. Moreover actual generation of pc is really fast so can you add a screenshot of the app? Is most important for app like chrome.

5. Can I ask to improve taskbar pager with temporal border color? One color for each previous used desktop, can be good also 2 colors, one for the actual window and one for the previous one, when I work really fast I move a lot of window in six desktop and most of the time I need the previous one but I have to search in all.

6. An other request on Taskbar Pager, would be wonderful to long click (or middle click, alt+click etc) on a desktop button to see a popup with the windows on that desktop.

TY.

p.s. please please please try to solve problem 1 is really important.

Astryd

Re: Some bugs and problems

Postby Astryd » 07.10.2016 15:08:25

No reply for many days and after the last windows update Dexpot has more problems, the Taskbar pager now is useless, many apps are copied to other desktops, and also other feature are broken like dexcontrol.

Is Dexpot discontinued?

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 05.11.2016 17:39:59

:dex:,

Astryd wrote:When I switch virtual desktop dexpot use a very bad way to show the windows, it show before the backgrounds windows and then the foreground, the result is a super-flashing really hurting eyes effect.

that's how Dexpot works. I don't consider this a bug, rather a feature suggestion.

Problem with notepad++ and the function "document map", dexpot doesn't move well the frame and a shadow remain on the precedent desktop, some problem also switching desktop with a bad effect and slow down for that frame.

You may try to add a 'move' exception (viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1915).

Notification area: when an software (es. thunderbird) popup a notification there's no behavior to works with, no change desktop where is the app.

Depends on the following setting (http://dexpot.de/?id=quickstartguide#behaviorofwindows).

Taskbar pager not works well with fullscreen apps, often it not show nothing. Moreover actual generation of pc is really fast so can you add a screenshot of the app? Is most important for app like chrome.

That's a compatibility issue with Windows 10.

Can I ask to improve taskbar pager with temporal border color? One color for each previous used desktop, can be good also 2 colors, one for the actual window and one for the previous one, when I work really fast I move a lot of window in six desktop and most of the time I need the previous one but I have to search in all. An other request on Taskbar Pager, would be wonderful to long click (or middle click, alt+click etc) on a desktop button to see a popup with the windows on that desktop.

Thank you.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Astryd

Postby Astryd » 17.11.2016 15:18:40

Ok, I hope you can add change desktop without that flash, for now I use only one desktop, is to dangerous working all the day with a flash every 30-40 seconds. However I'm thinking to buy other 2 very cheap monitor to solve this problem, working well is the most important thing to not ruin my eyes :P

About notification area, I'm testing "change to desktop option", "copy" and "move" have big issues from a not clickable windows until crash.

About taskbar pager and a compatibility issue with Windows 10, I can't understand, why is compatible for some hours and then became incompatible? In this moment all works very well and I'm working for 7 hours now.

p.s. there are a lot of issue with Clover that are currently working a lot on new version, maybe you can talk to help each other to interact your software.

Ty and good work

Return to “Support”