Align icons to grid not working.

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Sunsteal

Align icons to grid not working.

Postby Sunsteal » 08.10.2016 15:38:56

Dexpot version - 1.6.14.2439
Windows 10 pro, latest build.

Hello everyone and thanks Sebastian for this great piece of software. I've been using it for a few years starting with Windows 7.

I've switched to windows 10 pro but I'm having a problem with icon grid alignment and can't remember the problem on windows 7.

With Dexpot turned off I can right click an empty space on my desktop, click 'view' and then 'align icons to grid'.

This then works as expected but if I enable Dexpot I can no longer set 'align icons to grid' . It turns off and remains off.

In the settings of Dexpot there is an option also to 'align icons to grid' but whether this is ticked or not makes no difference to my icons nor to the windows option of the same name.

For information, when I swap to a different desktop I have different 'groups' of my main desktop icons showing (eg: on desktop 2 I may just have my game related icons showing) but always in the same location as on the main desktop.

I also use a small program called Iconoid. This allows you to save the position of your desktop icons with multiple profiles and with a single click have them placed back where they were. I only use it if there is a major problem and my icons positions are scrambled and only when Dexpot is disabled or I get a warning fron Iconoid that some icons are off screen, though I can't see any off screen or missing.

So in short is there anyway to have 'align icons to grid' working as usual?

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Align icons to grid not working.

Postby Sebastian » 05.11.2016 17:33:56

:dex:,

Hello everyone and thanks Sebastian for this great piece of software.

and Patrick. :D

You're using the 'shared common folder for all desktops' option for desktop icon customization.
This will disable Windows' align to grid option and move icons you delete via Dexpot off-screen.

Switch to the newer version of customization (http://dexpot.de/?id=quickstartguide#ic ... onseparate).
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Support”