Unresponsive Instances of MS Excel 2016

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
zktec

Unresponsive Instances of MS Excel 2016

Postby zktec » 14.04.2017 18:44:44

Hi,
I'm having an issue running multiple instances of MS Excel 2016. When i open lets say 4-6 separate instances of Excel spread across the 4 desktops, they will work momentarily. But eventually, only the Excel instances located on one of the desktops will be functional while all instances on the other desktops will be unresponsive to a certain degree. On those unresponsive Excel instances, I cannot mouse-click on any of the ribbon (toolbar) functions; however, i can usually navigate in the spreadsheet with the keyboard. Then at one point, one of the spreadsheets became completely unresponsive to any mouse or keyboard actions and i had to exit Dexpot. It almost seems to behave like the spreadsheet isn't selected as the "active window" maybe because a context menu is open on a different instance, but that's not actually the case.

I really like Dexpot but until i find a fix or workaround, i have to bypass it for now.

Can you help?

PC:
Windows 7 64-bit
64-bit hardware
MS Office 2016 suite
4-monitors

Return to “Support”