Hi again. Good catch about the issue returning on reboot after ending the process tree to "ShellExperienceHost.exe". As I am constantly logged into my laptop and travelling I was unware the problem would return. Now that I am, it also returns on logoff/logon.
I've tried a few things and found one workaround to the issue at hand that permanently works for me which was to revert to an earlier version of Dexpot; specifically version 1.6.12 Build 2416 running under Windows 10 Pro Creators; version 1.6.13 harbors the same issue. Earlier versions at this link: https://dexpot.en.uptodown.com/windows/old
Considering what I have tried, it "appears" to be looking more and more like a bug/design flaw problem with a recent Windows 10 update; incompatible with both 1.6.14 and 13.
What did not work for me:
- Clean uninstall and fresh install of 1.6.14 + reboot.
- Login to PC as another user. Includes new Windows user profile.
- Changing and experiementing with "Personalized" desktop backgrounds, color, Fits, themes etc, and in different combinations.
- Investigated possible registry issue. No luck.
What I have eliminated/observed so far:
- Issue is with the "Windows Shell Experience Host" blank window appearing when Dexpot virtual desktops are tiled in Full Screen mode.
- If you have two monitors, in Full scrren mode the annoying blank "Windows Shell Experience Host" window(s) will appear only on the monitor you nominated as your "main monitor" but never the second display.
- Issue is not present using Dexpot 1.6.12 (workaround I have chosen for now)
- Issue is not present using Windows 7 Ent SP1 latest Windows updates.
- Issue is not present using Dexpot 1.6.13
- Issue is present using Windows 10 Pro Creators latest Windows updates.
- Issue is present using Windows 10 Ent latest Windows updates.
- Not a Dexpot "profile" issue.
- Not a display or graphic driver issue.
- Not a Display Adapter settings issue.
When time permits, will continue to look and post what I find. In the meantime, as much as I understand there is a downside to reverting to an earlier version, it's one I'm prepared to tolerate for now. I Hope this workaround suits you and the informaion posted helps in some way.