Active application frequently loses focus

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
VinceAggrippino

Active application frequently loses focus

Postby VinceAggrippino » 24.06.2020 01:26:21

The active application frequently loses focus. Often while I'm typing something.

I know this has been posted before. It looks like it's been a problem since 2012.

Is there any solution?

Note:
Settings → Plugins and Extras → (Debugging) Advanced → Keep Foreground Lock Timeout doesn't eliminate this problem. In my experience, it has the effect of immediately re-focusing the window which lost focus. The title bar still flashes and, if I'm typing, a few characters can be missed.

VinceAggrippino

Re: Active application frequently loses focus

Postby VinceAggrippino » 01.07.2020 01:16:34

Dexpot is really unusable for me at this point. I was instructed to buy the product by my employer. I'll be compensated, but I still regret it. It seems like a dead project. There's been no new activity on website / forums / Facebook / Twitter in several years. Goodbye. :(

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 01.07.2020 08:40:51

:dex:,

VinceAggrippino wrote:I know this has been posted before. It looks like it's been a problem since 2012.

this isn't a general problem with Dexpot. Also, you can send an email anytime for a speedier reply.

Please provide a *.log file covering the issue for us to have a deeper look at the issue.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

VinceAggrippino

Postby VinceAggrippino » 03.07.2020 08:34:04

Sebastian wrote::dex:,

VinceAggrippino wrote:I know this has been posted before. It looks like it's been a problem since 2012.

this isn't a general problem with Dexpot. Also, you can send an email anytime for a speedier reply.

Please provide a *.log file covering the issue for us to have a deeper look at the issue.

I know it's not a problem for all your users. I was told to use Dexpot by my boss who uses it without any problems.

I'm sorry, but I can't afford the time, effort, or lost productivity to help troubleshoot and solve the problem. I suspect it'll be related to an app that always runs, but doesn't have any visible windows. For example, the Logitech Options software that came with my mouse, DisplayFusion, AutoHotkey, VcXsrv, or Microsoft Edge.

Like you, I'm a developer working remotely. I spend most of my time in applications that require me to type like chat, VS Code, terminal, GVim. I can't get that work done if my active window loses focus every 30 seconds or so.

I'll make the best use I can of the Virtual Desktop solution built into Windows which has nowhere near as many nice features as Dexpot, but works perfectly.

Return to “Support”