Slideshow desktop background

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Yukon

Slideshow desktop background

Postby Yukon » 16.05.2021 07:55:33

Hello!
First of all, have to say thanks a lot to the Dexpot team: that is an amazing software! You are the best! :)
Actually the only thing I would like to see in next Dexpot versions is Slideshow. At the moment we can use either Windows slideshow or a static picture with Dexpot. That would be amazing to see, for example, slideshow for the first desktop and a static picture for second & third.
To be honest, I have found a topic with the same feature request. It was posted ten years ago and looks like it was even added to the bug tracker ten years ago but nothing else happened.
I saw some comments from 2014 and 2016 but decided to open new topic.
I would like to ask, is it difficult to implement or just has a very low priority? Or perhaps you just forgot that feature? :D
With or without that feature Dexpot has a great funcionality but just interesting will it be implemented or not, that is why I am asking :)

Johnny_la

Re: Slideshow desktop background

Postby Johnny_la » 11.11.2021 03:51:16

I also am very interested in the addition of this feature. Dexpot supports a Picture background for each virtual desktop, but not Solid Color or Slideshow, the two other Personalize Background Type options. It would be great if those other options were supported, especially Slideshow.
Per virtual desktop, the following Configure Desktops Background Tab attributes are needed.

Background Type
- Drop down list of following options:
= Picture (Already implemented!)
= Solid Color (seems pretty easy)
= Slideshow (the requested priority)

Windows 10 Registry Key=HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Wallpapers - Key: Name=BackgroundType, Type=REG_DWORD, Data=0 (Picture) or 1 (Solid Color), or 2 (Slideshow)
Needs equivalent Dexpot Background Type registry keys for each desktop

Attribute Controls needed for each Background Type:
Picture (Already implemented)

Solid Color
1. Would only need the same Desktop Color: control that exists for the Picture implementation.

Slideshow
Needs the following attributes

1. Folder Path: browse control. This will be path to a folder that contains images for slideshow.

2, Change picture every:
Drop down list of time options (10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 6 hours, 1 day)
Minimum seconds shouldn't be less than 10.
Windows 10 Registry Key= HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow - Key: Name=Interval, Type=REG_DWORD, Data=value is in milliseconds, for example 10 seconds would be 10000 in decimal, or 2710 in hexadecimal
(0x00002710)
Needs equivalent Dexpot Interval registry keys for each desktop

3. Shuffle: Off/On control (If on, shuffles or randomizes display of images)
Windows 10 Registry Key= HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Personalization\Desktop Slideshow - Key: Name=Shuffle, Type=REG_DWORD, Data=value is either 0 or 1 in decimal, or hexadecimal (0x00000000 or 0x00000001) 0 is Off (no shuffle) , 1 is On
Needs equivalent Dexpot Shuffle registry keys for each desktop

4. Alignment: (same as Alignment Control that already exists in Picture implementation):

5. Desktop Color: control (same Desktop Color: control that exists for the Picture implementation.)

Thank you,
John

Return to “Support”