Apply rule automatically + Transparency issues

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
tatsudoshi

Apply rule automatically + Transparency issues

Postby tatsudoshi » 16.10.2007 20:06:52

Hello people

I need some help understanding this 'Apply rule automatically'.
I have a rule that when applied from Desktop Rules apply button, works. But it is never applied automatically, meaning I have to do it myself on every boot.

The rule sets Action 'Transparency 200' on Condition 'Window class is Shell_TrayWnd' and does not apply to 'Invisible'- or -Subordinate windows'.
Is there a better way to make the taskbar transparent?

And about the transparent feature, if say I set the Start Menu to any transparent value and also explorer.exe, open a folder, then the Start Menu so it overlaps the folder, then when it Start Menu closes there is a ghost image of the part of the Start Menu that overlapped the folder.

Another weird thing I experienced is, if I set explorer.exe to transparent and no 'Don't apply to..' checks, something bad happens. In short explorer.exe crashes. If it takes a long time or not, is random it seems.

On thing I haven't tested is if Yahoo! Widget or GTK+ engines are somehow doing their part in making the system unstable.

SysInfo:
Dexpot: 1.4 (dl yesterday)

If you need more info please ask

/tatsudoshi

Return to “Support”