Somehow switches to German

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
fabioq

Somehow switches to German

Postby fabioq » 15.02.2008 05:57:40

After using it for several months I noticed it has somehow switched the language to German. I know that it's the original language it was written but when installed it and configured it I had the localized version. At some point it switched, I noticed it a few weeks ago, but since I didn't have to change anything and it is working otherwise, I figure I'd fix it at some point. That time has come now. I open the file below with notepad and it is in english, so I tried to download a new one in case it was some damaged. The instructions said to close dexpot and open it up again, but after doing that there was no change. Anything else I should be doing? I guess I can re-install but I wanted to save the current settings but I can't read German so I can't figure out where to do it. In addition, I don't know if doing it will save whatever setting that switches it to the original language. I'm using XP Pro SP2 (fully patched) Great porgram by the way.

C:\Program Files\Dexpot\sprache\english.dxs

Re: Somehow switches to German

Postby Guest » 15.02.2008 06:51:20

fabioq wrote:After using it for several months I noticed it has somehow switched the language to German.

C:\Program Files\Dexpot\sprache\english.dxs

Nevermind, I figured it out, for those who might run into a similar problem (I'm sure this works in other languages as well):

Find the "settings" (Eintenllungen) by right clicking on the little monster then select General (Allgemein) (the first item on the left). Then find the "International" (I guess that it's the same meaning in German - good thing!) then the giveway was "sprache:" which for some reason the dropdown box was empty. Anyway, when I clicked on the empty drop down there was the familiar "english". That's it! it again is in the language of your choice!!. At this point, I don't know how it happened as once you select the language you can't make it go blank again so it can default back to German. It would be had to do this accidentally. The only way I was able to do it (so I could write the instructions above) is by renaming the extension to .bak on the english.dxs file then restarting. It would then blank it out. Renaming back to original and following the instructions above brings it back to english (or the language of your choice).

TheFatherMind

Postby TheFatherMind » 10.04.2008 10:45:46

I am also having this exact problem where after running it the language goes blank and I have to switch it to english. This seems to also be affected when my system runs low on resources. I push it to the limit often. What I was not clear on was if you had found an actual final resolve to it. Or if you you were just walking us through how to select the language every time we run it. I am looking to a resolve so I can stop doing this process of re-selecting the language all the time.

cedua

languages...

Postby cedua » 08.05.2008 23:26:56

I have to select the language all the time too (I'm using it from my usb drive)

Is there a command-line or a parameter you can use the english language by default? e.g. dexpot.exe /sprache=eng or something?

Thx!

Nebel
Beta Tester

Postby Nebel » 09.05.2008 09:18:11

See http://dexpot.de/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23185#23185 regarding usb-drives.

Regards
Schöne Grüße
Nebel

Return to “Support”