Copying processes (not apps) to all desktops

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
traycerb
Beta Tester

Copying processes (not apps) to all desktops

Postby traycerb » 18.02.2008 02:23:52

It's easy to copy an application into all virtual desktops ("sticky") if they are represented in the Task Bar, but some applications only exist as Processes (eg UltraMon or sTabLauncher), and I can't find a way to copy these apps into all desktops.

These applications are usually small utilities (the examples above function as a StartMenu and an Application Launcher, respectively), and in the Windows XP Task Manager (ctrl-alt-del ), they only show up in the "Processes" tab, not the "Application" tab.

Unfortunately, this makes them invisible to Dexpot, and so they only show up in one desktop. Is there a way to get them into all desktops?

(I've donated before to dexpot, but if this feature makes it in, I'd be happy to donate again!)

Postby Guest » 24.02.2008 19:49:44

After much searching, I answered my own question, which I'm posting here for any other english speakers. To copy a process to all desktops, you'll need to know the executable name and use a Dexpot rule.

For example, I have a rule called "Ultramon" with a condition that if the Executable contains "UltraMonTaskbar.exe" to perform the Action "Copy to all Desktops."

A restart of both apps gave the desired result. Props to this link http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/fo ... l=UltraMon for providing the answer.

Once again, dexpot FTW. Guess I'm donating again ;)

Return to “Support”