samurize Desktopmodding Programm

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
traycerb
Beta Tester

samurize Desktopmodding Programm

Postby traycerb » 22.07.2008 07:15:19

my apologies, I'm sorry I don't speak German, but I have a question about Samurize, a widget/desktop monitoring/Desktopmodding Program.

When I switch desktops, the Samurize monitors/widgets do not show up in the new desktop, despite the fact I wrote a rule (client.exe -> copy -> all desktops) for the samurize client. I think the problem is they are not "real" windows. Here's a picture (I've labeled them 1.(cpu monitor), 2.(date/time), and 3.(HDD LED)):

...you can see they don't have a title bar or "proper" window. Somehow other virtual desktop managers somehow keep the widgets in place (eg. vituaWin) when moving between desktops. Is is possible to replicate this behavior in Dexpot or are they fundamentally different?

BTW, there was one prior post about Samurize here, but from what I can tell (based on babelfish's stilted translation), it has something to do with autostart and not my current issue:

http://dexpot.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t= ... t=samurize

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 22.07.2008 13:51:58

I think the problem is they are in fact real windows and Dexpot treats them as such. :wink:

In the Dexpot program folder there is a file called 'wechsel.ini'. Open it and add 'client.exe=sticky' to the '[Exe]' section (where client.exe is again the Samurize executable name). Restart Dexpot.

traycerb
Beta Tester

Postby traycerb » 22.07.2008 16:09:03

thanks for the reply. I was about to try the .ini file, but before I did, I tried exiting and restarting dexpot, and it somehow did the trick.

FWIW, the ini didn't have a [exe] section, only a [klasse] section, but I assume I could have just added it on.

(just donated again. keep up the good work)

Return to “Support”