start-up question

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Anti
Beta Tester

start-up question

Postby Anti » 25.09.2010 00:27:22

Having set-up my four desktops, I've populated them with folders and shortcuts.

When restarting the laptop, or even just coming out of sleep mode, the main desktop is populated with all these folder and shortcuts. After some time (30 seconds for a restart, 10 seconds for sleep mode), they are then redistributed to the other desktops.

Is this normal, designed behaviour? It's a little 'messy'.
Can it be prevented?

Thanks.

Anti
Beta Tester

Re: start-up question

Postby Anti » 26.09.2010 15:25:13

Another annoyance I've noticed is that the icons are re-aligned a few pixels left of where they normally should be, so that some of the name is hidden off-screen, especially if the icon has a long name. It's a tiny detail, but extremely annoying after a while.

And as described in the first post, starting up the laptop and seeing a total mess (firstly, with icons sitting on top of each other, and secondly the sheer amount of icons all on one desktop) is really annoying too.

I have realised though, that I'm voicing all my problems. I'd also like to say what a cool program this is and what a great job you've done on it, especially compared to the alternatives. Thank you for your work, and providing this for free.

selden
Beta Tester

Re: start-up question

Postby selden » 27.09.2010 04:29:25

You'll probably have to provide more details about your configuration. I am not seeing this problem on my system. Coming out of sleep and hibernation, icons on all desktops look normal. I have seen icons displaced slightly when creating new shortcuts, but they were drawn in the correct places when I toggled between desktops.

Dexpot v1.5.6 b 1351
Win7 Pro x64
Selden

Return to “Support”