Taskbar Pager Refresh Problem

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
VirtualOne

Taskbar Pager Refresh Problem

Postby VirtualOne » 29.04.2011 19:56:46

After upgrading to Version 1.5.9, Build 1503 I'm experiencing an issue with the Taskbar icons wrapping behind the Taskbar Pager for a few seconds, then it corrects itself after about 15 seconds causing an unbearable flicker :cry: (re-orginization) of the icons to the left of the Taskbar Pager.

Currently operating on Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit.

sgtevmckay

Re: Taskbar Pager Refresh Problem

Postby sgtevmckay » 29.04.2011 22:58:02

Greetings VirtualOne
Glad you bring this to our attention.

A couple of things here, if no trouble.
1.) Can you get a during and after screen shot of the issue and post them here.
2.) Are you running any systems tray customized software?
There have been incidents in the past where IBM's (I think) battery monitor has had some interference with the pager option. Looking to see if something like this may be present (???)
3.) can you give us more details on your system (ie. Laptop/desktop and maker) ?

Patrick or Sebastian may have some ideas as well

VirtualOne

Postby VirtualOne » 30.04.2011 01:50:47

The machine I am using is an HP Compaq nw8440 with 4gb RAM and Win7Pro-64. It is not running any skinning utils, just the stock Win7 AERO interface. I use this machine two different ways, at home (single Laptop display) and at work in a docking station with a monitor in addition to the Laptop display (dual display - extended mode).

Up until just the other day prior to applying the upgrade, I didn't have any problems with Dexpot and the Taskbar Pager. No software has changed on my system since.

That figures... I just woke my machine from its sleep from my drive home from work and enabled the Taskbar Pager. It doesn't seem to be displaying the same issues as it was eariler today while I was at work. The difference from then to now is the docking station and second monitor. I will attempt to recreate the issue next week to see if this was just an isolated incident.

Oh BTW... was the upgrade supposed to wipe out my manual exclusions from the .ini file? I wasn't expecting to have to recreate that list.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 30.04.2011 15:46:52

:dex:

VirtualOne wrote:Oh BTW... was the upgrade supposed to wipe out my manual exclusions from the .ini file?

Yes, it was... sorry about that. If you want your manual exceptions to survive an update, create a new file called mywechsel.ini in the Dexpot installation folder and put them there. The file uses the same format as wechsel.ini. You can find a backup of your old wechsel.ini in the update subfolder.

Return to “Support”