Dexpot and VMWare vSphere issues

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Moleyman

Dexpot and VMWare vSphere issues

Postby Moleyman » 24.05.2011 14:00:38

Hi everyone,

I have only just discovered the joys of Dexpot and have it running very well under Win7. I use Logitech SetPoint to allow my mouse tilt wheel to switch between desktops.

However, one of my applications, VMWare vSphere Client is conflicting a bit with Dexpot.

vSphere client allow me to access virtual machines running on my other server. I have to "windowing" options with vSphere - normal windowed mode and full-screen mode.

Now, if I open up a vSphere winodw and go in to full-screen mode and then use the mouse-switching option in Dexpot to switch to other desktops, then I lose all keyboard input on the other desktops as my keyboard input is directed to the full-screen vSphere client window (I confirmed this by opening a Notepad document on the full-screen vSphere window and the switched to another desktop and everything I typed was in the Notepad document when I went back to this desktop).

If I switch vSphere from full-screen mode to window mode everything returns to normal.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can leave my vSphere in full-screen mode but still have keyboard input directed to my current desktop?

Many thanks in advance,

Moley

peleus

Re: Dexpot and VMWare vSphere issues

Postby peleus » 29.03.2013 18:38:32

This one will be tough since it involves another third party. Have you found any luck on this yet?

Return to “Support”