Rainmeter, CircleDock

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Quaid

Rainmeter, CircleDock

Postby Quaid » 04.06.2011 14:56:20

Hi all !
I use 4 desktops.

Rainmeter uses a variety of meters ( uptime, disk space, etc... ) as desktop overlay graphic meters... you can see an exeple here:
http://www.google.it/search?q=rainmeter ... 80&bih=912
http://rainmeter.net/RainCMS/

CircleDock is an overlay utility for managing programs in a icons circle stock :
http://circledock.wikidot.com/

When I change desktop whit ATL+ number key the Rainmater overlay graphics are copied on the swithced desktop and disappears on the first. For CircleDock is the same.

Can you test, confirm and fix them ?
Thanks for your effort in develop Dexpot .

sgtevmckay

Re: Rainmeter, CircleDock

Postby sgtevmckay » 06.06.2011 21:25:34

Greetings

I have read and re-read the descriptions of the issues, and I am not absolutely certain what you are describing.
Are you saying that if you use the aforementioned key-combination, That Circle Dock and Rainmeter disappear from Screen $#1, and will not re-appear when you return to screen #1?

Quaid

Postby Quaid » 07.06.2011 17:48:29

sgtevmckay wrote:Greetings

I have read and re-read the descriptions of the issues, and I am not absolutely certain what you are describing.
Are you saying that if you use the aforementioned key-combination, That Circle Dock and Rainmeter disappear from Screen $#1, and will not re-appear when you return to screen #1?

Hi sgtevmckay !

Example:
ALT + 2 Rainmeter and CircleDock are "moved" on screen #2... disappearing from screen #1.
If I switch back to #1 or in other screens... Rainmeter and CircleDock stay permanently on screen #2... this "move" is related on the first time I switch.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 07.06.2011 18:08:57

What's the result you would like to see? Rainmeter and Circle Dock visible on all desktops all the time?

sgtevmckay

Postby sgtevmckay » 08.06.2011 00:09:25

To correct Circle Dock....you must middle click, or use your set up, to hide/show CD....it should then appear on the current Screen, otherwise it will remain on the last used screen.....normally.

as for Rainmeter:
May I refer you to the following post
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2512&start=20#p26987

Let me know if this information works (???)

CircleDock
Plugin Developer

Postby CircleDock » 08.06.2011 08:17:22

The current public release of CircleDock has no specific support for Dexpot and therefore its behaviour - its visibility or otherwise - under this environment may be tricky to control. A new version, which will support Dexpot fully, is currently under beta test and will be released once the team is satisfied.

Joop
Beta Tester

Postby Joop » 08.06.2011 19:19:21

CircleDock wrote:The current public release of CircleDock ....

As of lately I´ve been spending my time evaluating various desktop enhancements that I think are most promising.

Dexpot obviously is one of them, another one has been Circledock but... where actually can I find the current public release of Circledock? It seems that due to the controversy about open source code, there now are too many references on too many places, scattered around the internet (which I think is most confusing and certainly does no good in promoting a product with so much potential).

So...,
- What´s the official website for the current public release?
I´m using version 1.5.6.30 and have no real clue if that´s the latest publicly available release.

- What´s the official website for the new incarnation of Circledock?
Specifically to be able to download the latest version, and if a forum is in place, to post some of my thoughts about Circledock as I might have some ideas :wink:

Thanks for reading.

sgtevmckay

Postby sgtevmckay » 08.06.2011 19:25:34

The Home page is being worked on, but the forum is in place.
More information here:
http://circledocknextgen.com/forum/index.php

There is also a gallery and some tutorials on different areas available, let me know if you need the URL's :)

I will also tell you that I believe that you have the unofficial latest release ;)

Joop
Beta Tester

Postby Joop » 09.06.2011 01:41:56

sgtevmckay wrote:The Home page is being worked on, but the forum is in place.
More information here:
http://circledocknextgen.com/forum/index.php

Thanks!!! I was already placing my bets on that link :wink: Guess I´ll be registering in the forum very soon.

sgtevmckay wrote:There is also a gallery and some tutorials on different areas available, let me know if you need the URL's :)

I found :arrow: http://gallery.circledocknextgen.com/ Are there more goodies? yum-yum!!

sgtevmckay wrote:I will also tell you that I believe that you have the unofficial latest release ;)

:P Ah? yes well ..., I´m so ahead of my times... :cool:

Thanks again.

sgtevmckay

Postby sgtevmckay » 09.06.2011 01:45:59

:ok: (nod)

Quaid

Postby Quaid » 09.06.2011 14:28:07

Patrick wrote:What's the result you would like to see? Rainmeter and Circle Dock visible on all desktops all the time?

Hi Patrick !
If they appear on all desktops probably Dexpot use much more memory... so
I think better if Rainmeter and CircleDock will be moved with a shortcut... so you can move it in every desktop you work on.

sgtevmckay wrote:To correct Circle Dock....you must middle click, or use your set up, to hide/show CD....it should then appear on the current Screen, otherwise it will remain on the last used screen.....normally.

Overlay objects starts on logon with Dexpot.
Overlay objects ( CircleDock and Rainmeter ) follow me only the first time I switch a desktop and not every time I switch... it's not a normal behaviour.

The only solution I found is exit from both and restart it... so if I switch, they stay on the screen #1 as aspected.

Dexpot 1.5.9 b1503
CircleDock 0.9.2Alpha8.2
Rainmeter 1.1 rev 306 32 bit
Windows 7 32-bit

I'll test it with new releases as possible.
sgtevmckay I'll look at as soon your post about Rainmeter.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 09.06.2011 14:52:25

Quaid wrote:If they appear on all desktops probably Dexpot use much more memory...

No, having a window on more than one desktop does not require any additional memory. To get Rainmeter to show up on all desktops, save the attached file to your Dexpot installation folder and restart Dexpot.

mywechsel.ini
(39 Bytes) Downloaded 270 times

...or update Rainmeter. The current version usually copies itself to all desktops.

Quaid

Postby Quaid » 09.06.2011 15:03:51

Patrick wrote:
Quaid wrote:If they appear on all desktops probably Dexpot use much more memory...

No, having a window on more than one desktop does not require any additional memory. To get Rainmeter to show up on all desktops, save the attached file to your Dexpot installation folder and restart Dexpot.

mywechsel.ini

...or update Rainmeter. The current version usually copies itself to all desktops.

Thanks Patrick It works even with this release of Rainmeter... Is there an entry for Ignore Circle Dock too ?

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 09.06.2011 17:07:02

Add this to the .ini file:

Code: Select all

[Exe]
CircleDock.exe=sticky

Grantp

Postby Grantp » 20.07.2011 18:03:03

Hi ,

I am trying to make different Rainmeter Skins appear on different Dexpot Virtual Desktops. I have followed all advice (to the letter or I think I have) and haven't made it work. Could someone please take a look and advice on what I am doing wrong.

I have created a VDM.ini & VDMconfig.ini in directory C:\Users\Grant\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter

VMD.ini contents
[Variables]
VDM=Dexpot
VDMPath=C:\Program Files (x86)\Dexpot\dexpot.exe

VMDconfig.ini contents
[Recycle Bin]
VDesktop=2

I have Raindexer installed and checked in Dexpot.

Sure I am missing something simple but hours of messing about has done my head in so any help would be gratefully recieved.

Many thanks Grant

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 21.07.2011 15:48:09

:dex:

Grantp wrote:VMDconfig.ini contents
[Recycle Bin]
VDesktop=2

"VMDConfig" is a just a typo, I presume? The file is called "VDMConfig.ini" (VDM as in Virtual Desktop Manager). You can click the Raindexer plugin's Configure button in the Dexpot Settings to open the correct file.

Make sure "Recycle Bin" actually is the config name of one of your Rainmeter skins. If the skin is part of a suite, you have to include the full folder structure, e.g. "Gnometer\Recycle Bin".

Grantp

Postby Grantp » 22.07.2011 09:35:13

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes that was a typo the file is called VDMConfig.ini. I have looked in the Rainmeter Log by doing 'About' in Rainmeter and the error I am getting is

Unknown config name Recycle Bin

As far as I am aware Recycle Bin is the correct name as when I load this ini file manually it is listed on the left hand side of the Rainmeter Log as Recycle Bin.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (66.06 KiB) Viewed 9243 times

Many thanks
Grant

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 24.07.2011 13:30:21

Grantp wrote:As far as I am aware Recycle Bin is the correct name as when I load this ini file manually it is listed on the left hand side of the Rainmeter Log as Recycle Bin.

You have to load it manually. By default, Raindexer only works with skins that are already active. If you want the plugin to load the skin for you, change the VDMConfig.ini file like this:

Code: Select all

[Recycle Bin]
VDesktop=2
HideMethod=Deactivate
IniFile=Recycle Bin.ini

where "Recycle Bin.ini" is the name of the skin variant's ini file.

Note: In order for changes made to the VDMConfig.ini file to take effect, the Raindexer plugin has to be restarted.

Grantp

Postby Grantp » 24.07.2011 14:52:09

Patrick,

Many thanks, works perfect now.

Cheers Grant

Vadorequest

Postby Vadorequest » 28.06.2015 15:58:42

All links related to CircleDock are dead, is the project dead? :/

Return to “Support”