Full screen problem

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
jackiexii

Full screen problem

Postby jackiexii » 02.08.2011 19:03:34

Hi guys, I am currently having issues such that I cannot switch to other desktops while playing a full screen game on the current one. The hotkey control doesn't work and the desktop manager won't appear over my game despite it being configured to "always on top"

I don't know if it is working as intended but if there is a way to switch desktops while playing my game at full screen please let me know :D

thankiez

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Full screen problem

Postby Sebastian » 03.08.2011 13:08:31

:dex:,

jackiexii wrote:[...] if there is a way to switch desktops while playing my game at full screen please let me know :D

it don't see any way to achieve that.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

selden
Beta Tester

Postby selden » 03.08.2011 13:54:26

It depends on the game, the type of fullscreen mode it uses, and what keyboard shortcuts it has implemented.

Although it's not a game, I've run Celestia (a 3D visualization program) in full screen mode (e.g. on Desktop #1) and used Dexpot's hotkeys (alt-2, etc.) to switch to other virtual Desktops. Celestia's full-screen display is shown only when I select the virtual Desktop where Celestia is running.

If alt-Tab (Windows' native "switch to another window" keyboard shortcut) works, as a side effect it brings the taskbar and Dexpot's window manager into view.
Selden

tommyb

Postby tommyb » 18.07.2012 20:50:01

I can confirm that on full view Celestia and Firefox the Alt+number switches my desktop. However NOT on a full screen virtual machine :(

Too bad if there is really no solution, cause it would make this task much more convenient.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 19.07.2012 00:16:36

:dex:

Unlike the other examples, a virtual machine usually captures all keyboard input. Your virtual machine software may have a way to release the keyboard capture so you can use hotkeys on the host.

For instance, VirtualBox has a so-called "host key" which you have to press first when you want to send keystrokes to the host system: http://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch01.html#idp12796048

Sup

Postby Sup » 30.08.2012 18:11:21

Who the hell started giving the shitty answer first......the simple question is "How to able to switch desktop in dexpot,while playing full screen game?".
If you guys do not know then why are you giving a details which is not asked for, it even a loss of time for those who is giving a Google search, coz all ur shitty comment's words get matched with their criteria and thus this page come up first, but this page has no solution either.
I am having the same problem. I play NFSHP, Oblivion,ASCrevelation etc.... so on the mean time this quetion arise -how to get rid of this isue,
For god sake dont give suggestions like switching windows in single desktop/ Browser's tab changing.....(alt+TAB/Win+D,Win+M)...
be specific about what have been asked to you guys, try to help in a proper manner.
Sorry about my rude words, but i didnot have any other option...

Return to “Support”