Cursor warp? Cursor moves to middle of window, please stop

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Grout NASA

Cursor warp? Cursor moves to middle of window, please stop

Postby Grout NASA » 16.06.2012 02:04:38

When Dexpot switches desktops, it usually (but not always) moves the mouse cursor to the middle of the selected window. I need this behavior to stop, I prefer by application, but I'd settle for a way to disable it. It's breaking my ability to page through desktops, as some programs grab all keystrokes as soon as the mouse pointer moves over them. Alternatively, if Dexpot could prevent applications from noticing the mouse until I move it, that'd be great.

selden
Beta Tester

Re: Cursor warp? Cursor moves to middle of window, please s

Postby selden » 16.06.2012 15:36:17

That doesn't happen on my system. (Win7 Pro SP1 x64 with Dexpot beta 1.5.99 build 2003 -- which is available on the Dexpot home page.) Although it's a beta build, it's extremely stable. On my system the cursor always stays at the same relative position on the desktop when I switch between them.

Might you have the Windows pointer option "Snap To..." enabled?
(I don't.)

Info about snapto is avaiable at http://www.microsoft.com/resources/docu ... x?mfr=true

It doesn't mention that you have to select the "Pointer Options" tab to see the Snap To option.
Selden

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 16.06.2012 16:20:33

:dex:

That's something Windows does when "Activate a window by hovering over it with the mouse" is enabled. Also known as active window tracking, X-Mouse, focus-follows-mouse, ...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/Wind ... ier-to-use

Grout NASA

Postby Grout NASA » 18.06.2012 22:16:21

OK, that's solved; thanks much. The app is still grabbing focus if the cursor happens to fall over its window, but I don't know that Dexpot can prevent that. Perhaps that's a plausible feature to add?

Return to “Support”