Assign applications problem

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
biltong

Assign applications problem

Postby biltong » 18.07.2012 15:16:05

Using Dexpot 1.6.0 .2116 on win 7 (x64) and I've got a problem with "Assign applications". The behaviour seems to have changed from build 2003.

I have putty windows on several desktops. If one of the putty windows disconnects, it produces a popup with an error message. The error message pops up on the current desktop which isn't very helpful. I want the popup to appear on the same desktop as the putty window that has disconnected.

In build 2003, I found I could use "Assign applications" for putty sessions set to "Where started". The popup would then appear on (or get sent to) the same desktop as the putty window that disconnected. Perfect. Exactly the behaviour I wanted.

However, this benhaviour seems to have changed in build 2116. Now, there is an extra field in "Assign applications". This field "Switch to desktop" has possible values of 'Never', 'When started' and 'When activated'. However, it doesn't matter what option I select, the putty popup always opens in the current desktop, not the desktop containing the putty window that produces the popup.

Is there any way I can get the same behaviour I had in build 2003 ? I would have thought that one of the "Switch to desktop" settings would have allowed me to have the same behaviour I had before the "Switch to desktop" field was introduced ? It must be possible as I had the required behaviour in build 2003.

Thanks.

Return to “Support”