Stuttering,event triggering and application assignement

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
thx1138

Stuttering,event triggering and application assignement

Postby thx1138 » 29.10.2012 18:33:24

Hi everybody . I've been using osx for several years and now I'm back in the windows world again . The first thing I searched for after the transition was a replacement for Spaces so naturally I came to find Dexpot . I love the ton of options and customizations available and the only thing that bothers me is the performance . I've used Spaces on a 2 core machine with a pretty generic GPU and under heavy load ( 90-100%) everything was always being fluid . I'm now using dexpot on a 4 core Intel , GTX650 and 16 gigs of ram and even when the machine is idle there is an obvious stuttering when going from full screen preview to one of the desktops . It actually occurs at 2/3 of the zoom animation .

I use the screen corners to trigger and switch between the desktops with full screen preview and window catalogue . Since FSP is choppy I tried dextab desktop switcher and found another problem - the hot corners don't always react . Sometimes everything goes smooth , sometimes I can leave the mouse for several seconds in any of the screen corners and still nothing happens .

There are also small annoyances with the applications desktop assignement . An application assigned to a certain desktop opens once every session when I switch to that desktop . I also tried assigning explorer.exe to a certain desktop and that makes Dexpot impossible to use - when I try switching to another desktop it automatically brings me back to the explorer desktop over and over again so I had to remove it from the list of apps .

Return to “Support”