Color theme lost for Office 2003 app after desktop switching

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Vangelis

Color theme lost for Office 2003 app after desktop switching

Postby Vangelis » 11.01.2013 19:09:29

Dear Sebastian and Patrick,

First of all, as it is my first post down here, let me thank you a lot for this very great application I'm using for several years now!
Additionally, let me also wish you a Happy new year!

Even great applications have sometimes small glitches but the following one is not blocking at all, just a bit annoying.

Since months, I have a problem with Office 2003 applications (on a Windows XP computer) that do lost their color theme whenever I switch in between desktops as depicted hereafter:

Image Image

By coincidence, I've just nailed the source of this issue: the problem only occurs when I switch to a desktop that does not have the same background color as the one on which the Office application was running.

Let's say that I have 5 desktops which background colors are respectively black, grey, black, black and white and providing that my Office application (Word, Outlook, Excel) runs on the first one.
The followings behaviors occur:
    - switching from desktop 1 to 3 or 4 and back to 1 : OK
    - switching from desktop 1 to 2 or 5 and back to 1 : KO

I've observed this issue since version 1.4.2 (r768) up to the latest one (currently 1.6.5 (r2207)) but never reported since then as I've always suspected third party applications or services.

Of course, to bypass the problem, the trick is to have the same background color on each desktop... :wink:
But I do believe that you will be able to fix this in a future revision (even though it's not that urgent at all).

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best regards,

Vangelis

Return to “Support”