Show Dexpot windows in taskbar

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
NZ Guy

Show Dexpot windows in taskbar

Postby NZ Guy » 10.02.2005 23:34:27

What does this do? "Show Dexpot windows in taskbar" found on the Settings - Appearance page (near the bottom under Miscellaneous).
It sounds like the desktop icons should appear in the taskbar so you can click on them to select a new desktop (like the system tray icons).
Is that what is supposed to happen?
If so, why won't it work on my PC?
If not, is there a way to display the icons on the taskbar so you can just click on one to select the new desktop?
Thanks.
[/b]

Nebel
Beta Tester

Re: Show Dexpot windows in taskbar

Postby Nebel » 11.02.2005 01:14:57

NZ Guy wrote:What does this do? "Show Dexpot windows in taskbar" found on the Settings - Appearance page (near the bottom under Miscellaneous).
It sounds like the desktop icons should appear in the taskbar so you can click on them to select a new desktop (like the system tray icons).
Is that what is supposed to happen?
If so, why won't it work on my PC?
If not, is there a way to display the icons on the taskbar so you can just click on one to select the new desktop?
Thanks.

Hi,

'Show Dexpot windows in taskbar' means, that you'll see an entry of Dexpot, like the Dexpot Settings window, in the taskbar. If it is unchecked, you only have the Dexpot window without seeing something from it in the Taskbar.

I think, the option you are searching for calls Tray Icon. Image
Look at top at the Settings - Appearance page. There you have a section called Tray Icon. Select 'One icon per Desktop' and click 'Apply' at the bottom.
Then you have one Icon for each Desktop. Click on one and you are on this desktop. The active Desktop is highlighted with a white border and orange number.

Greetings
Schöne Grüße
Nebel

Return to “Support”