Keyboard input stops working. Only resumes when I switch.

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
stephen.buckle

Re: Keyboard input stops working. Only resumes when I switch.

Postby stephen.buckle » 01.03.2021 10:48:21

An issue similar to this has appeared in Chromium 87 and 88-based browsers, including Chrome and Edge. It relates to the Chromium feature "Calculate window occlusion on Windows" (kCalculateNativeWinOcclusion) which was enabled by default in Chromium 87. The issue can be made to go away by disabling that feature on the "chrome://flags" page.

There is a Chromium project bug at https://crbug.com/1162955, but the engineer there has suggested that the correct fix might be in Dexpot, and has invited contact or comment from a Dexpot engineer. Given that this issue (https://dexpot.de/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=189) appears to date from 2016, whereas crbug.com/1162955 is relatively new as discussed above, it's not clear that they are the same issue, however I don't know if I am able to register to create new Dexpot bugs myself. (I don't work for Dexpot or Google, just an interested party.)

hisbvdis

Re: Keyboard input stops working. Only resumes when I switch

Postby hisbvdis » 01.03.2021 18:32:48

[quote="Sebastian"]:dex:,

guys, thanks for reporting. I can confirm this is an issue, particularly with Chrome windows distributed across desktops. We'll see what we can do about it.[/quote]

I have the same problem with VS Code.
Maybe because it is developed based on browser technology.

hisbvdis

Re: Keyboard input stops working. Only resumes when I switch

Postby hisbvdis » 01.03.2021 19:12:33

[quote="Sebastian"]:dex:,

guys, thanks for reporting. I can confirm this is an issue, particularly with Chrome windows distributed across desktops. We'll see what we can do about it.[/quote]

Just sent 10 EUR donation.
Please correct this problem.

Return to “Support”