Dexpots desktop folder under %username%

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
userid

Dexpots desktop folder under %username%

Postby userid » 05.09.2016 19:23:00

Accessing the Dexpot desktop folder using (%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Dexpot Desktops) I do not see the folder for desktop 1. I have defined 4 desktops via Dexpot and I do see folders for desktops 2 thru 4. Is this normal ? (I'm running x386 XP sp 3 with all maintenance applied.)

When I move an icon shortcut from the "allusers/desktop" folder to Dexpots desktop 1 folder the shortcut disappears from all desktops and does not appear on desktop 1's display. Dexpot 1.6.14 build 2439 is installed. Is this normal ?

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Dexpots desktop folder under %username%

Postby Sebastian » 25.09.2016 16:46:18

:dex:,

userid wrote:Accessing the Dexpot desktop folder using (%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Dexpot Desktops) I do not see the folder for desktop 1. I have defined 4 desktops via Dexpot and I do see folders for desktops 2 thru 4. Is this normal ? (I'm running x386 XP sp 3 with all maintenance applied.)

depends on whether you have 'Settings > Switching Desktops > Desktop icons > Advanced > Use original Windows desktop folder as Desktop 1' enabled.

When I move an icon shortcut from the "allusers/desktop" folder to Dexpots desktop 1 folder the shortcut disappears from all desktops and does not appear on desktop 1's display. Dexpot 1.6.14 build 2439 is installed. Is this normal ?

See above. You'll have to move them into the default desktop folder:

Code: Select all

%USERPROFILE%\Desktop
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Support”