Taskbar Pager requests and some issues

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
Rigel

Taskbar Pager requests and some issues

Postby Rigel » 21.04.2011 11:26:51

Hi,
Thanks for Dexpot, for me it's the best multi-desktop app.
I have some request:
- Desktop wallpaper in Taskbar Pager
- Scroll wheel function to scroll z-index windows over the desktop area in Taskbar Pager
or Move and Copy menus in Taskbar Pager as Desktop management
- Hover tooltip in taskbar pager with the name of the desktop and the list of windows active
- Textfield in taskbar pager context menu to change the desktop name.
- Tooltip management: Some application use info tooltip or input tooltip (JDownloader) and I'd like tooltip appears ever in the actual desktop but don't move the parent window, now there are four case:
a: Tooltip appears in actual desktop and the windows remain in the right desktop (What I want).
b: Tooltip appears in its desktop, very useless.
c: Tooltip appears in actual window and move the parent window in actual window
d: (Disastrous variation of previous cases) Sometime Tooltip appears where it want and the application window disappear(JDownloader).

Some issues:
- In Taskbar pager, when I change desktop, the windows preview disappear (the little window in tasbar pager with the app icon) and only the actual desktop preview works
- Dexpot doesn't consider trayicon so if I maximize a window from trayicon it automatically move in the actual desktop (I prefer maximize and move in the right desktop) or worse, the windows appear in contemporary in the previous and actual desktop (Thunderbird) or even worse crash or become invisible (JDownloader)

I hope some trouble regard only JDownloader and not all the java app because I use java often.

Excuse for me poor english and Thanks.

Edit: I use windows 7 64 bit.

sgtevmckay

Re: Taskbar Pager requests and some issues

Postby sgtevmckay » 22.04.2011 02:05:14

Greetings Rigel.

Good to hear from you, and to know you are doing well friend.

Regards
The Sarge

Rigel

Postby Rigel » 22.04.2011 08:55:19

Oh My Goddess! Sarge, you are omnipresent and also here you are a Moderator. Are you one of the man invited by Obama around IT table for dinner time ago? :)

sgtevmckay

Postby sgtevmckay » 23.04.2011 00:53:25

Rigel wrote:Are you one of the man invited by Obama around IT table for dinner time ago? :)

Oh how I wish :twisted:
But, no: I am not so fortunate

Dexpot is a great program, and these folks needed assistance keeping the spam stuff down, so I volunteered ;)

You should try the Dexclocks (http://www.dexclock.de/)
Another great program developed by the folks here :D

Rigel

Postby Rigel » 29.04.2011 10:11:35

What strange thing!
I reply to your post very soon but it's lost and only now I asked myself why UpdateScanner not show me the update page, sorry, but :) I use Lazareus so it save my post :)

sgtevmckay wrote:
Rigel wrote:You should try the Dexclocks (http://www.dexclock.de/)
Another great program developed by the folks here :D

Yes, a great application with a great lack: no editor. I have my precious wallpapers collection 1920*1080 and I would use them with clock, now I found a tutorial to make wallpaper clock but now I don't have many time, sigh!!!

- Tooltip management: I solve my problem using the option in the last setting page "When a windows opens in an other desktop" with "do anything" (I translate from Italian so in English it can be different). I don't think the option is properly for tooltip but for now is a solution.

- Trayicon: the problem remain also with new version. If I maximize a window of an other desktop with trayicon the window go in an other world :). I find a way to come back the window: move the maximized window on other desktop but a fix would be appreciated.

Rigel

Postby Rigel » 29.04.2011 10:41:34

An other requet: Fences support.
With Fences, a Stardock app, an user can create an area on desktop where store the icon to preserve group order on desktop. It's not a dock, in fact if you delete a fences the icon return on normal desktop. I found it very useful because I can create area of interest where I can store icon also if you can't set a different color for every area.
A better solution can be an implementation of Fences ability in Dexpot "DexArea" so we can move a DexArea from a desktop to other desktop.

Return to “Feature requests”