Another suggestion for the Desktop Preview

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
cabetecl

Another suggestion for the Desktop Preview

Postby cabetecl » 18.06.2011 03:42:11

what you guys think about having the ability to have the desktop preview behave like a desktop switch bar?

Let me explain.

For systems with Dual monitors it would be nice to have the windows task bar on one monitor and the desktop preview on the other monitor. I can do that now by placing the desktop preview tool on the second monitor at the same level and size as the windows task bar. the problem is that when I maximize a window on the second monitor, part of the windows goes under the desktop preview and I find myself constantly moving the desktop preview around.

Thanks

Joop
Beta Tester

Re: Another suggestion for the Desktop Preview

Postby Joop » 18.06.2011 04:57:50

You could consider auto-hiding the Desktop Preview for not having it constantly in the way.

cabetecl

Postby cabetecl » 22.06.2011 01:38:08

I did try that, but we need to see the desktop preview tool at all times. lots of multi-tasking and hiding it slows the user down.

Joop
Beta Tester

Postby Joop » 23.06.2011 06:44:02

cabetecl wrote:... we need to see the desktop preview tool at all times...

So, basically you want to reserve that particular part of that particular monitor for the desktop preview only and would like to have the ability to prevent any maximized window to cover that area.

May I then suggest that you take a look at MaxMAx ? This little program will allow you to define an area that maximized windows can not cover. Meaning that they will maximize only in the area that you allow them.
It so happens that you can tell MaxMax that you want this to happen on a specific display (monitor).
In your case that would be the second monitor.

You can download the program at:
http://www.kmtools.win-os.pl/omaxmax.php?lang=ang

Ahh, almost forgot to say it´s for free and it plays well with Dexpot.

Have fun. (wave)

cabetecl

Postby cabetecl » 24.06.2011 01:01:10

that is Perfect!!!!

Thank You

Return to “Feature requests”