Title and icons for each desktop in full-screen preview???

Here you may post suggestions for improving and extending Dexpot.
siciliano77

Title and icons for each desktop in full-screen preview???

Postby siciliano77 » 01.06.2012 18:06:43

First off I'd like to say this program is amazing...IMO it's only missing one key feature:

Maybe I'm missing the option somewhere, but within Full-screen preview, I'd like to show the title for each desktop and also the icons that are on each desktop - pretty much exactly like the 'Sevendex' taskbar previews are shown, only I'd like it shown at full screen. Is there an option for this? If not, will there be in future versions?

Currently it's just showing only the open windows in each desktop - no icons, and no titles - so it's not very easily discernible which desktop is which. This can get very confusing when there are many different desktops created.

(I'm using 1.6 beta)

Thanks! :D

Sebastian
Developer

Re: Title and icons for each desktop in full-screen preview?

Postby Sebastian » 03.06.2012 15:38:17

:dex:,

we don't want icons to appear in this view, but take your title feature suggestion into consideration.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

siciliano77

Postby siciliano77 » 03.06.2012 16:18:01

Sebastian wrote::dex:,

we don't want icons to appear in this view, but take your title feature suggestion into consideration.

Who is "we"? Isn't this program for us, the end-user? :) Icons and titles in this view would be very useful to determine which desktop is which - it's almost essential IMO. It would be especially nice with the ability to move icons between desktops in this view, similar to how you can move windows...it just seems like one of those options that should be possible default.

Couldn't you at least make it an option, so those of us that don't want icons to appear don't have to see them, and those of us that would like them to appear can see them??? I think that would be a much better idea to at least make it a selectable option, instead of saying flat out you don't want to include it.

Thanks! :D

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 03.06.2012 17:24:49

:dex:,

siciliano77 wrote:Who is "we"? Isn't this program for us, the end-user? :)

2 guys spending their free time to make Dexpot the best virtual desktop manager. :dumdiedum:

It would be especially nice with the ability to move icons between desktops in this view, similar to how you can move windows...it just seems like one of those options that should be possible default.

Indeed. You're asking for much more than you actually see in SevenDex. Just screenshots there.
Probably technically not feasible.

I think that would be a much better idea to at least make it a selectable option, instead of saying flat out you don't want to include it.

I'm not saying this about titles. I'm saying this with respect to your icon suggestion in your first post which would be rather distracting as the full-screen preview is meant for overview and distributing windows.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Feature requests”