Windows 7 Customized Desktop

Everything concerning Dexpot in general.
Samot

Windows 7 Customized Desktop

Postby Samot » 04.10.2010 23:30:59

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx9r7ZXSeYo[/youtube]

its my desktop by the way, i only start switching in the middle of the video

selden
Beta Tester

Re: Dexpot on the internet

Postby selden » 05.10.2010 04:29:01

Samot,

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that your video isn't going mean much to someone who doesn't already know what's going on. Your desktop configuration seems to be rather unconventional to begin with, which makes it hard to recognize what's happening. (E.g. what generates that informational display on the right side? ) Also, many of the menu colors seem to be low contrast, which makes some of the selections almost unreadable. Things are happening rather quickly, too, so if one is distracted by the images, one really doesn't notice what control functions are being clicked on.

But it's a good start!
Perhaps some graphic overlays would help -- maybe bright red circles and arrows (and a paragraph on the back of each one... ;) )
Selden

Samot

Postby Samot » 05.10.2010 04:37:45

ty for the opinion selden

i just didnt put too much work to the video :D, that and the fact its low quality (maybe one day i will make one with fraps)

anyways, im using dexpot with raindexer plugin, so that right side information is actually rainmeter :D, u think i should put an explanation to all of it in the description? (its an honest question)

sgtevmckay

Postby sgtevmckay » 05.10.2010 05:50:49

I would make a running list and explanation and have that in the Youtube page description. Greater details can be worked out later or asked when necessary. The speed of the video is irrelevant as the video can be stopped and viewed by frame. It never hurt to watch a video a few times, and I have posted this to the Rainmeter forums.

Higher quality can come later if desired.
I believe you have done well, so long as your intent was not to make a tutorial of this video :D

Return to “General discussion”