Bug - Firefox not accessible when opened by clicking link

Feedback regarding the public beta of Dexpot is highly appreciated in this forum.
rjenkins

Bug - Firefox not accessible when opened by clicking link

Postby rjenkins » 15.12.2011 09:46:52

Hi,
dexpot 1.5.59 build 1776 on Win 7 64.

I have Firefox as my default browser.

If I click a url link in an email or MS Messenger and Firefox is already running on the current screen, the new page opens in a new tab as expected.

If firefox is running on a different screen, it's 'moved' to the present screen.

If Firefox is not already running, the new page opens in a tab on an 'invisible' firefox.

I only discovered this due to a link to a BBC news item with a self-playing video - the audio was playing but no firefox on any desktop.

I ended up closing the invisible copy via task manager, then starting firefox caused it to recover the tabs that were previously open - eight different pages.. I though I was missing the links when I was clicking them.

This has just shown another oddity - after firefox has been 'forced' to a different desktop by opening a link, hovering over the dexpot taskbar icon shows the same firefox on two desktops, with the image on the 'wrong' desktop showing the state it was before the switch.

smacdav

Re: Bug - Firefox not accessible when opened by clicking lin

Postby smacdav » 27.12.2011 21:35:27

This probably doesn't help, but I do not have that issue, and Firefox is also my default browser. :|

As for the taskbar icon, I assume you are referring to the icon placed on the Win 7 taskbar by SevenDex. I remember reading that the image shown there is a screenshot of what the desktop looked like the last time it was opened, not a live-updating image.

Eric

Postby Eric » 27.02.2014 20:00:13

I have the same problem with my links being opened (clicked on) in a program other than my browser.

My default browser (which happens to be Chrome) will open in the Desktop where the link was clicked.

Specifically, it moves a copy of my browser (Chrome) over to that desktop. So I have two exact copies of Chrome running.

One in original desktop, and now one in the desktop where the link was clicked (with another program).

I just move it back over ... but would be nice if there was a a work around.

Patrick
Developer

Postby Patrick » 27.02.2014 20:03:25

:dex:

Settings > Plugins and Extras > Behavior of windows on other desktops.

Return to “Dexpot Public Beta”