Bug when using Visual Studio 2010

Feedback regarding the public beta of Dexpot is highly appreciated in this forum.
juanito

Bug when using Visual Studio 2010

Postby juanito » 29.04.2012 21:14:36

When I use visual studio and switching screens the instance of visual studio gets duplicated into the target window.

Special settings of the dexpot: Run as administrator
Setup to reproduce:
- Open Visual Studio 2010 in Window 1, load some project or solution.
- Open other program, like Firefox and set it up on Window 3
- Go back to Window 1 and start a debugging session with Visual Studio. Set a breakpoint somewhere in the code and wait until the code reach the breakpoint.
- Try to switch to window 3 using the keyboad shortcuts (Alt-3 in mine)... The switch is not successful
- Then stop the debugging session in Visual Studio.
- Go to the window 3... now you'll see VS assigned to window 3.
- Switch to window 1... visual studio is still in window 1.
- I have found that in order to correct, I'd go to the feature that shows all my windows and then I drag the VS instance from window 3 and drop it in window 1... I'm back to the original configuration.

I'm evaluating this software because as a Mac user I use "spaces" so much that I wanted to get some similar functionality in my Windows 7 workstation at work. This is the only application I have found that does not get completely "crazy" with Visual Studio.

Thanks for the good work. Hope this helps to fine tune the release that I'd happily buy.

Best Regards,
Juan

MrH

Re: Bug when using Visual Studio 2010

Postby MrH » 03.05.2012 17:46:14

Does this still happen if you switch using the Desktop Manager?

I would be eager to know because I'm contemplating getting some visual studio tutorials so I can learn it on my own and I would need to watch my p's and q's.

Another reason I ask is because I mostly switch desktops via the desktop manager which I've configured to have the small icons and I positioned it above the start button (because EVERYTHING pops up just above the system clock/tray).

MrH
-------------------------------
I'm using Beta 1.5.99 Build 1928
I am using Windows 7 SP1 32bit
I have an Intel i5-2520m CPU @ 2.5 GHz
4 GB RAM

I have a dell notebook in a docking station with the notebook's monitor going.
I have 2 Acer 19" monitors hooked up.
One directly to the docking station, one to an EVGA UV Plus+19 device.
I have Dexpot setup to give me 6 desktops

juanito

Re: Bug when using Visual Studio 2010

Postby juanito » 09.05.2012 04:10:20

I don't use the desktop manager at all because I prefer the keyboard shortcuts over the mouse actions.

Anyway, this is not a show stopper since there is a work around for the scenario. Just drag and drop where the window was supposed to be and that's it.

Still, it is the best product for Windows that I've found so far.

Return to “Dexpot Public Beta”