Dexpot triggers XP Windows Installer after using TuneUp Util

Feedback regarding the public beta of Dexpot is highly appreciated in this forum.
jimwg

Dexpot triggers XP Windows Installer after using TuneUp Util

Postby jimwg » 02.05.2012 22:43:47

Greetings;

This occurs with both newest versions of Dexpot 1.6. Am using a 512meg RAM 1.6gig Thinkpad under XP Pro. After I used TuneUp Utilities, when I started up Dexpot it triggers Microsoft Office 2000 Windows Installer which claims a feature you're trying to use is on a CD-ROM, Error 1706. I can click cancel to around six to eight of these alert boxes before it lets me get to Depot but it's a pain and any new Dexpot setting I attempt triggers Windows Installer all over again. Though I"m reviewing (rightly or wrongly) using TuneUp Utilities anymore, in the meantime is there anyway I can disable what ever Dexpot does to trigger this reaction?

Thanks,

James Grenidge
NYC

Patrick
Developer

Re: Dexpot triggers XP Windows Installer after using TuneUp

Postby Patrick » 03.05.2012 23:58:49

:dex:

Have you tried reinstalling Dexpot?

Did you let TuneUp clean up your registry? Sounds like some obscure Windows feature which thinks some component registration is broken. Dexpot itself doesn't have anything to do with Windows Installer.

jimwg

Postby jimwg » 04.05.2012 16:57:42

Patrick wrote::dex:

Have you tried reinstalling Dexpot?

Did you let TuneUp clean up your registry? Sounds like some obscure Windows feature which thinks some component registration is broken. Dexpot itself doesn't have anything to do with Windows Installer.

Well, I uninstalled and reinstalled Dexpot and gave the HD a deep cleaning via Advanced System Care but no go. Booting Dexpot still triggers Windows Installer. I'm a non-techie but I'm asking around if anyone knows of a program which can trace a program's calls to activate other programs. If you gave a suggestion of one I'd most appreciate it. I'm hoping TuneUp didn't corrupt more than I've seen!

One request: A way to save Dexpot configuration files so one needn't have to reproduce all their screen set-ups, just in case.

Jim in NYC

Sebastian
Developer

Postby Sebastian » 04.05.2012 18:56:41

:dex:,

reinstall/repair your Office 2000 installation.
Will fix your issue.
Best regards (wave)
Sebastian Brands, Dexpot GbR

Return to “Dexpot Public Beta”