Taskbar Previews

Feedback regarding the public beta of Dexpot is highly appreciated in this forum.
orbidia

Taskbar Previews

Postby orbidia » 11.07.2012 07:32:46

The SevenDex thing is great but I'm noticing some MINOR bugs with it with Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

The first obvious problem is that a lot of the time, the taskbar previous aren't correct. For example, go into Full Screen Preview and move a window from one desktop to another. Then go look at the Taskbar Preview, of all the desktops. The preview shows the previous desktop configuration. When I click on the desktop that I moved the window to, it then updates the preview... But the other desktop that used to have the preview still also has the application shown. I have to click on that desktop as well for that to be updated and not show the application on the preview anymore.

Also, the taskbar preview boxes themselves show up on the thumbnails all the time often blocking other applications that are really on the desktop. It would be nice to never see the small "previews" of the taskbar thumbnails and always just see the apps. I'm talking about a tiny version of the preview thumbnails on each preview thumbnail. I don't know if it's possible to get rid of them.

Another issue with the taskbar thumbnail previews of SevenDex is that it would sometimes show some larger thumbnails? behind the thumnails that seemed to be taller vertically than the four thumbnails. I think I need a screenshot to show this but I can't get it do do it now.

One other thing I wanted was when I click on the default tray icon, I wanted it to go to the next desktop which I couldn't do. And when I double-click I wanted the Window catalog which works. But then Contol-click the tray icon should do the All Desktops window catalog which also I couldn't do.

Thanks for a nice program!

Patrick
Developer

Re: Taskbar Previews

Postby Patrick » 11.07.2012 14:59:09

:dex:

orbidia wrote:The first obvious problem is that a lot of the time, the taskbar previous aren't correct.

SevenDex only shows screenshots, taken when you switch desktops. So yes, the previews may not always be accurate.

Another issue with the taskbar thumbnail previews of SevenDex is that it would sometimes show some larger thumbnails? behind the thumnails that seemed to be taller vertically than the four thumbnails. I think I need a screenshot to show this [...]

I think so, too... :D

One other thing I wanted was when I click on the default tray icon, I wanted it to go to the next desktop which I couldn't do. And when I double-click I wanted the Window catalog which works. But then Contol-click the tray icon should do the All Desktops window catalog which also I couldn't do.

We'll add the missing actions in a future version.

Return to “Dexpot Public Beta”