New instances of Chrome appearing lower right-hand corner

Feedback regarding the public beta of Dexpot is highly appreciated in this forum.
frodex

New instances of Chrome appearing lower right-hand corner

Postby frodex » 13.07.2012 03:25:06

Hi -

I've only had Dexpot running for a few hours and I can already tell you it's going to be one of the most important pieces of software on this machine. It's GREAT!

I'm having the issue of new instances of Chrome appearing off the lower right-hand corner of the screen -

Setup to make this happen:
dexpot_160_r2106.exe
Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Chrome 20.0.1132.57 m
Lenovo X230T (I mention this because it's a convertible tablet with some Wadcom touch screen drivers & multitouch screen drivers, perhaps this changes behaviors of mouse some? //My tests were done using mouse exclusively not the touchscreen)

What I did:
1) On desktop #2 (of 4) Launch Chrome (chrome is pinned to taskbar & Keep all taskbar icons buttons visible is SELECTED)
2) Change to Desktop #3
3) Using the Chrome Button on the taskbar,I right click it and open a new instance of Chrome (flavor does not matter ie. New Window, New incognito Window or Google Chrome)

Results:
New Chrome window opens in Desktop #3 however it's 99.9% off the lower right hand corner of the screen... even odder, by (trying to) move the mouse cursor down into the corner (after it's already in the lower right hand corner)... the Chrome window will move into the screen until it's 100% displayed.

FYI - This behavior (trying to move the mouse off the edge of the screen over a window that is partially off the screen and having the window move onto the screen) seems to be the default behavior for this version of windows, yet I had never noticed it before now...

Any suggestions about how to force Chrome to launch new windows to the center of the screen would be appreciated! I have tried a few of the suggestions above, but didn't see a change in behavior. If you would like to see a log I'll be happy to produce one for you.

Thanks

aagha

Re: New instances of Chrome appearing lower right-hand corne

Postby aagha » 19.12.2013 02:45:06

This seems to be related to this thread: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=3675&p=34774#p34774

Return to “Dexpot Public Beta”