App disappeared from desktop

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
sherbs

App disappeared from desktop

Postby sherbs » 04.01.2015 19:07:58

On desktop 1 I have a browser window and FreeFileSync (backing up to an external USB drive) running while I'm working on desktop 2. After some time I go back to desktop 1. The browser window is still there but FFS has gone. It is still running because I can see the external drive still working and the process shows up in Task Manager but FFS doesn't show on the taskbar or the Applications page of Task Manager. Looks like I'm going to have judge when the backup is finished by inactivity on the drive and then close the app by ending the process in Task Manager.

I've searched for this but didn't find any answers so I'm not too hopeful, just letting you know.

Latest version, Win7 64bit, default settings

Patrick
Developer

Re: App disappeared from desktop

Postby Patrick » 18.01.2015 14:46:56

:dex:

If you start FreeFileSync on Desktop 1, switch to Desktop 2 and immediately back to Desktop 1, is it gone, i.e. does it disappear every time you switch desktops? Or only when a transfer is active?

sherbs

Re: App disappeared from desktop

Postby sherbs » 25.01.2015 19:10:27

It appears to happen only when the backups are running. I have noticed that even if the window doesn't disappear, it can still take quite a few seconds to show up while everything else is immediately there.

Thanks.

Return to “Support”