Since Upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, Taskbar Icons Are Put in Random Order When Changing Desktop

Post any technical problems or questions you have while using or configuring Dexpot.
Bug-Tracker
Yann

Since Upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, Taskbar Icons Are Put in Random Order When Changing Desktop

Postby Yann » 28.12.2017 17:27:29

Hi!

I have searched Google and read posts on this forum (here and here, for example) but without finding a solution to my problem.

I used to use Dexpot with Windows 7 and then Windows 10 and everything worked as expected. Since upgrading to the Fall Creator Update, whenever I change between desktops, the icons (program icons+names) in the taskbar are put in random order...

What am I missing?
Best,
Yann

PS. I made sure the debug option is unchecked...

garryjoshi

Re: Since Upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, Taskbar Icons Are Put in Random Order When Changing Desktop

Postby garryjoshi » 10.02.2018 12:22:13

Have you been able to fix it Yann? I've been encountering this same issue with the taskbar icons lately after the update.

garryjoshi

Re: Since Upgrading to Windows 10 Fall Creator Update, Taskbar Icons Are Put in Random Order When Changing Desktop

Postby garryjoshi » 16.02.2018 09:51:44

No response?? Please help my desktop is messed up. Do I need to downgrade to Win 10 from Fall Creators update or what any solution?

Garry Joshi

Pepanee

Postby Pepanee » 28.07.2018 05:23:16

Yes. I have been encountering this too.

Example: I have 2 Desktops (open in Dexpot).
On Desktop #1: I have Google Chrome open and Winamp opened. Google Chrome is listed as the first program in the Taskbar, and Winamp is to it's right. Suppose I switch to Desktop #2, then back to Desktop #1, those two get reversed (Winamp is now listed first, and Chrome to its right). So I switch them back to how they were, go to Desktop #2 then back to Desktop #1. I notice that they go back to that flipped-around order.

Note: I noticed that there's a certain fixed location for all open programs.
Example: Suppose I got programs a, b, c, d, e open in Desktop #1, go to Desktop #2, then back to Desktop #1, they get re-arranged to:
b, d, a, e, c
Then I re-arrange them to ANY random order that I want, go to Desktop #2, then back to Desktop #1, they will get re-arranged to that fixed-random layout (just like above).
b, d, a, e, c

It's weird.

Maybe a small update to this program to fix that would be so awesome =)

Return to “Support”